Today the Executive office published its Outcomes Delivery Plan 2018/19. The delivery plan sets out the actions that departments intend to take during 2018/19 to give effect to the previous Executive’s stated objective of improving wellbeing for all – by tackling disadvantage and driving economic growth.
Here’s at at-a-glance brief on the actions to boost the Tourism and Hospitality sectors.
· Develop and publish a draft Tourism Strategy to 2030 for Northern Ireland to increase visitor numbers and revenue and to support job creation.
· Run a Tourism NI Immersive Technologies scheme - Encourage greater use of immersive technologies as a way of increasing innovation in the NI tourism market and to help visitors to explore more of Northern Ireland and spend more when they visit.
· Host events of scale, including preparations for the 2019 Open Championship.
· Provide a programme of activities to attract visitors to NI heritage sites. An extensive, high profile programme to attract visitors to Northern Ireland’s heritage sites will attract visitors and promote tourism potential.
· Deliver 14 Public Realm Environmental Improvement and Revitalisation Schemes including a flagship project in Portrush to help prepare the town for the influx of visitors for the Open Golf Tournament in June 2019.
· Deliver the International Relations Strategy by: arranging overseas visits on behalf of Departments, and hosting inward visits. Participants will have a focussed message on Northern Ireland’s attractiveness as a location for investment, partnership, events or to visit.
· Deliver a business ambassador programme. The programme will showcase Northern Ireland as a place to do business by attracting key executives and organisations to visit.