The Tobacco and Related Products Regulations 2016 comes into force on Monday and introduces a number of rules about the sale of e-cigarettes.
There are seven new points of law that will come into effect:
1. Restrict e-cigarette tanks to a capacity of no more than 2ml.
2. Restrict the maximum volume of e-liquid for sale in one refill container to 10ml.
3. Restrict e-liquids to a nicotine strength of no more than 20mg/ml.
4. Require nicotine-containing products or their packaging to be child-resistant and tamper evident.
5. Ban certain ingredients including colourings, caffeine and taurine.
6. Include new labelling requirements and warnings.
7. Require e-cigarettes and e-liquids be notified to heath regulators before they can be sold.